Recipe Design Wizard brings your recipes into the twenty first century with a layout that is attractive and significantly easier to use than traditional recipes. The Recipe Design Wizard Plug-in is available for Mac or Windows.
If you create or edit recipes, you are well aware of the need to make revisions as you experiment with different ingredients and clarify your instructions. The Recipe Design Wizard Plug-in effortlessly accomodates changes to the list of ingredients and the associated instructions by automatically reflowing the recipe and resizing the related graphics as changes are made to either the layout or the content.
Our 2 page brochure contains more information, as well as some recipes.
Our 1 page flyer shows a before and after recipe, to provide a better concept of what this software can do for you.
Also feel free to review the Recipe Design Wizard User's Manual.
Recipe Design Wizard is available for InDesign and InCopy. It is available for both Mac and Windows.
InDesign is Adobe's Page Layout software for Graphic Designers. InDesign is available separately, and as part of the Creative Suite (Design Standard, Design Premium, or Master Collection).
InCopy facilitates collaboration between multiple InDesign users.
Refer to Adobe's Web Site for more details.
Please note that Recipe Design Wizard requires either InDesign or InCopy. If you do not have one of these programs, Recipe Design Wizard will not function.
If you have Adobe InDesign CS6 or newer (InDesign CC or CC 2014), Recipe Design Wizard is available at no charge from the Adobe Exchange. Please do not attempt to download or purchase the Plug-in from this page. Refer to Recipe Design Wizard for newer versions of Adobe® InDesign®.
If you have an older version of Adobe InDesign (CS, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5, and CS5.5), please refer to the instructions below:
- Download a free copy of the Recipe Design Wizard Plug-In.
The download is fully functional, except that the adornments (curly braces) do not print, and can not be exported to PDF files, until you purchase a license and activate the Plug-in.
- Purchase a license for Recipe Design Wizard. Single licenses are $99.95, with discounts for multiple licenses.
Purchasing a license enables you to activate your Plug-In, which enables printing and PDF export of the adornments (curly braces).
- Upgrade your Recipe Design Wizard from to any newer version at no charge. Email email@example.com with your Serial Number (xx-xxxx, received when you purchased Recipe Design Wizard) or Registration Code (xxxx-xxxx, from About Plug-Ins > Kitchen Wisdom Publishing > Recipe Design Wizard) for instructions.
- After purchasing a license or obtaining an upgrade, Activate your Plug-In, to enable printing and PDF export of the adornments (curly braces).
Demonstration & Training Video
Thank you to Webucator - InDesign Online and Onsite Training Classes for creating this demonstration & training video.
Customer Success Stories
- April S. Fields is a retired photo-stylist, freelance writer and avid recipe developer. She loves the Recipe Design Wizard Plug-in and has already received feedback from people on her forum that really like the format. April has kindly granted permission for us to showcase her recipe for Low Carb Pizza from her new Perfect Parmesan collection, Copyright © 2004 April S. Fields, All rights reserved. This wonderful collection of low carb recipes is available through Pixelated Publishing.
- April decided to try the Recipe Design Wizard for formatting instructions for crafts projects. You can see the results at Titles in Faithful Publishing (scroll to the bottom of the page to see the instructions for the heart duffle).
- Jo Alice Wall has written two cookbooks using Recipe Design Wizard. Gelatin Sugar Cookies is from Can't Boil Water, available from Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.com.
- Grandmother Fowler's Chocolate Cake and Joe Frogger Cookies are recipe's from Jo's original cookbook, Ancestral Recipe Collection - From Our Kitchens, with 500 recipes and over 200 photos. Order from House of Walls.
- The Ringo Family Favorite Recipes, Copyright © 2006 Scott & Melissa Ringo. This link has been temporarily removed, at the request of Scott Ringo, until an excerpt can be provided.